Re: Custom element lifecycle callbacks

> 2) For normal elements we act directly when they are cloned or
> adopted. How much interest is there in delaying what happens for
> normal elements to align them with custom elements?

Which things are we talking about delaying?

I'm pretty sure the prototype change that happens in Gecko on adopt
right now is part of our security model and can't easily be delayed.
The other main thing that happens sync on clone is state propagation
(e.g. copying of values for inputs, right)?  There are some security
considerations there too that would need to be considered for every bit
of state that's propagated; consider:

   var input = document.createElement("input");
   input.value = "file:///etc/passwd";
   var newInput = input.cloneNode();
   newInput.type = "file";

I would like to see an actual list of the things we're considering
delaying so we can think about the implications of doing that.

-Boris