Re: Custom Elements: is=""

> On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 7:41 PM, LĂ©onie Watson
> <lwatson@paciellogroup.com> wrote:
>> Is there a succinct explanation of why the is= syntax is disliked?
> Rather than
>
>    <button is=my-button></button>
>
> you want
>
>    <my-button></my-button>
>
> that just gets all the <button> goodness through composition/inheritance.

When I first learned about web components, the biggest disappointment
for me was learning that if I wanted to base my new custom element on a
native element like <button>, I could no longer have a custom tag name.
So instead of having <my-button>, I had to use the funky and awkward
<button is="my-button">. I realize there are good reasons for this, but
it's very disappointing because it "broke" my idea of custom elements. I
created a pull request for this in the Drawbacks section of the summary doc.

Mark