Re: Writing spec algorithms in ES6?

On 6/11/15 4:32 PM, Dimitri Glazkov wrote:
> I noticed that the CSS Color Module Level 4 actually does this, and it
> seems pretty nice:
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-color/#dom-rgbcolor-rgbcolorcolor

I should note that the ES code there produces semantics that don't match
the IDL in this spec (or is complete nonsense, depending on how
literally you choose to read it).

So there are basically at least two problems here:

1)  You have to clearly delineate when you're working with JS values and
when you're working with IDL values, to the extent that these are not
the same thing.

2)  You have to clearly delineate which bits of JS run in the page
global and which bits run in some other clean global and which bits run
in the page global but have access to some clean intrinsics somehow.

I would actually prefer some sort of pseudocode that is _not_
JS-looking, just so people don't accidentally screw this up.

-Boris