Re: Clipboard API: remove dangerous formats from mandatory data types

Hallvord,

The proposal isn't to remove support for copying/pasting images, but to
restrict web content from placing compressed image data in one of these
formats on the clipboard directly - there's no issue with content pasting
raw pixels from a canvas, for example, since scope for abusing that to
compromise the recipient is extremely limited by comparison to JPEG, PNG or
GIF.

The UA is still at liberty to synthesize these formats itself, based on the
raw imagery provided by the content, to populate the clipboard with formats
that other applications want.

HTH,

Wez