Re: Clipboard API: remove dangerous formats from mandatory data types

Daniel,

this does not make sense to me.

All these image parsers exploits can be triggered by an img tag, or?
Similarly for XML using an XHR or some particular XML formats (RSS, SVG,
XHTML, ...) in markup.

There's absolutely no difference in the mistrust we should have between
content brought by an HTML page and content brought by a JavaScript, or?
Hence we should just not accept the reason of knowing of broken parsers
to be a reason to change the standards!

If, as a president, you need to decide to change the roads because a
particular car was built massively and needs a particularirty of your
roads, you would also find it nonsense, or? You're making me feel like
France which did this for a particular type of trains which required to
change all platforms because their ordered trains were already built too
wide....

Paul