Re: [webcomponents] How about let's go with slots?

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 8:54 PM, Hayato Ito <hayato@chromium.org> wrote:

> The hint we can use is:
>
> - tag name
> - id attribute
> - class attribute
> - any other attributes. (Okay to have a dedicated attribute, such as
> 'content-slot')
> - The position of the node in the list
> - Other status, such as ":focused" (in CSS's terminology)
> - Anything else?

Another potential hint is element class/type/instanceof. I can see a
situation where I'd want to "select" any element that is an `instanceof`
HTMLButtonElement. Or if a third-party library creates an element that
"selects" <ui-dropdown>, it may want to allow the selection of subclasses
of that element but not other arbitrary elements.