Re: Custom Elements: is=""

On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 1:10 PM, Travis Leithead <
travis.leithead@microsoft.com> wrote:

>  Yes, I think you are understanding correctly, and it appears this would
> be a side-effect J. You have the same problem with two implementations of
> x-button though the pool of custom element names is going to be larger.
>

> Do you think this will be a problem in practice?

Definitely.

Custom element names will hopefully fall into self-organized namespaces,
for instance the Polymer team is putting out element collections, like
iron-* and paper-* and we very well might have both iron-button and
paper-button. There would be no chance for that with native element
extensions without is="".