Re: Making ARIA and native HTML play better together

On 07/05/2015 08:02, Steve Faulkner wrote:

> On 7 May 2015 at 07:53, Bruce Lawson <brucel@opera.com
> <mailto:brucel@opera.com>> wrote:
>
>     this makes sense, but (unless I'm inventing nonsense because I'm mad,
>     which is definitely possible), doesn't this describe the current
>     behaviour in many UAs anyway?
>

> Currently ARIA does not do this stuff AFAIK. There is some limited
> keyboard behaviour mapping for role=button in a few AT's.

And gesture mapping in certain touchscreen/mobile ATs too - particularly
important, as any custom keyboard handling the dev may or may not have
implemented wouldn't work there anyway, so AT attempt to understand
widgets based on their roles a bit more and provide built-in swipe/tap
gestures for certain constructs.

Patrick H. Lauke