Re: Imperative API for Node Distribution in Shadow DOM (Revisited)

> On May 5, 2015, at 10:53 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
>
> On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 3:22 AM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@apple.com> wrote:
>> Where?  I have not yet to see a use case for which selective redistribution of nodes (i.e. redistributing only a non-empty strict subset of nodes from an insertion point) are required.
>
> Isn't that what e.g. <select> does? That is, <select> only cares about
> <option> and <optgroup> elements that are passed to it.

Or it could just distribute all the elements and have do:
```css
::content * { display:none; }
::content option, optgroup { display:block; }
```

Dimitri just added a document describing how we can turn partial distribution into whole distribution here (thanks Dimitri!):
https://github.com/w3c/webcomponents/blob/gh-pages/proposals/Partial-Redistributions-Analysis.md

- R. Niwa