Re: Shadow DOM: state of the distribution API

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 11:07 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
> On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 7:57 PM, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
>> Has at-end-of-microtask been debated rather than 1/2? Synchronous
>> always has the downside that the developer has to deal with
>> reentrancy.
>
> 1/2 are triggered by the component author.

So component author code isn't triggered when a webpage does
element.appendChild() if 'element' is a custom element?

FWIW, I am by no means trying to diminish the task that adding async
layout APIs would be. Though it might not be that different in size
compared to the '3' proposal.

/ Jonas