Re: Permissions API vs local APIs

The way I would look at this is based on timeframe — if we’re not implementing the Permissions API until 2017 or something, i’d just leave the functionality in the PushAPI spec.  If the Permission API is right around the corner, I would remove it form the PushAPI spec.

Do any other APIs have a permission check function in their interface?  Geo doesn’t (which shares a similar permission model).