Re: Custom Elements: Upgrade et al

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 4:59 PM, Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@google.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 7:50 AM, Domenic Denicola <d@domenic.me> wrote:
>> Can you explain how you envision cloning to work a bit more? Somehow there
>> will be instances of these elements which are not created by their
>> constructors?
>
> Also, how is it in any way similar to  how <canvas> or <input> work? I am
> pretty sure both of those are constructed during cloning.

The proposal would be to change that. You can construct an instance.
And you can create a second instance either by cloning the first or
constructing a new one.

also clone private state using this hook:

  https://dom.spec.whatwg.org/#concept-node-clone-ext

<canvas> does no such thing.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/