Re: [components] Isolated Imports and Foreign Custom Elements

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 8:58 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:
> I wrote up a proposal (with input and advice from Ryosuke Niwa) on a
> possible way to extend Web Components to support fully isolated components:
>
> https://github.com/w3c/webcomponents/wiki/Isolated-Imports-Proposal
>
> I welcome comments on whether this approach makes sense.

I don't get the bit where you create a node in one global, but run its
constructor in another. That seems rather Frankenstein-esque. Would
love to see more details overall, as the direction this is going in
certainly seems like the kind of thing we want. Allowing a dozen
Facebook Like buttons to appear on a page using only one additional
global.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/