RE: Directory Upload Proposal

>> Second, rather than adding a .directory attribute, I think that we should simply add any selected directories to the .files list. My experience is that having a direct mapping between what the user does, and what we expose to the webpage, generally results in less developer confusion and/or annoyance.

I like this consolidation, but Ali concern (and one I share) is that legacy code using .files will not expect to encounter new Directory objects in the list and will likely break unless the Directory object maintains a backwards-compatible File-like appearance.

In the proposed model, the "directory" would be a virtual wrapper around any existing selected files, and could wholly replaces .files, while providing a nice extension point for additional behavior later.

I have a concern about revealing the user's directory names to the server, and suggested anonymizing the names, but it seems that having directory path names flow through to the server intact is an important scenario for file-syncing, which anonymizing might break.