Re: Web Storage Rec errata?

On 4/21/15 5:39 AM, Kostiainen, Anssi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a plan to publish an errata to sync the Web Storage Rec [1] with the latest? I counted 8 commits cherry picked into the Editor's Draft since Rec [2].
>
> If no errata publication is planned, I'd expect the Rec to clearly indicate its status.

Hi Anssi,

Re the priority of this issue, is this mostly a "truth and beauty"
process-type request or is this issue actually creating a problem(s)?
(If the later, I would appreciate it, if you would please provide some
additional context.)

The main thing blocking the publication of errata is a commitment from
someone to actually do the work. I also think Ian's automatic push of
commits from the WHATWG version of Web Storage to [2] was stopped a long
time ago so there could be additional changes to be considered, and the
totality of changes could include normative changes. Did you check for
these later changes?

If you, or anyone else, would like to help with this effort, that would
be great. (If it would be helpful, we could create a new webstorage repo
under github/w3c/, work on the errata in that repo and redirect the
CVS-backed errata document to the new repo.)

Personally, I think putting errata in a separate file - as opposed to
putting changes directly into [1] - is mostly "make work" and fails the
"principle of least surprise". However, I think the consortium's various
processes preclude us from doing what I consider is "the right thing".

-Thanks, ArtB