Re: Imperative API for Node Distribution in Shadow DOM (Revisited)

> That might be an acceptable mode of operations. If you wanted to
> synchronously update your insertion points, rely on custom element's
> lifecycle callbacks and you can only support direct children for
> distribution.

That's interesting, thanks for working through it. Given a
`childrenChanged` callback, I think your first proposal
`<content>.insertAt` and `<content>.remove` best supports a synchronous
mental model. As you note, re-distribution is then the element author's
responsibility. This would be done by listening to the synchronous
`distributionChanged` event. That seems straightforward.

Mutations that are not captured in childrenChanged that can affect
distribution would still be a problem, however. Given:

    child.setAttribute('slot', 'a');
    host.offsetHeight;

Again, we are guaranteed that parent's offsetHeight includes any
contribution that adding the slot attribute caused (e.g. via a
#child[slot=a] rule)

If the `host` is a custom element that uses distribution, would it be
possible to have this same guarantee?

    <x-foo id="host">
    </x-foo>

    child.setAttribute('slot', 'a');