Re: Imperative API for Node Distribution in Shadow DOM (Revisited)

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 9:25 AM, Justin Fagnani
<justinfagnani@google.com> wrote:
> I really don't think the platform needs to do anything to support
> subclassing since it can be done so easily at the library level now that
> multiple generations of shadow roots are gone. As long as a subclass and
> base class can cooperate to produce a single shadow root with insertion
> points, the platform doesn't need to know how they did it.

So a) this is only if they cooperate and the superclass does not want
to keep its tree and distribution logic hidden and b) if we want to
eventually add declarative functionality we'll need to explain it
somehow. Seems better that we know upfront how that will work.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/