Re: Proposal for changes to manage Shadow DOM content distribution

On 04/22/2015 03:54 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 2:53 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@apple.com> wrote:

>>> <content select="[my-attr='the slot value']">
>>
>> No. That's not what I'm talking here.  I'm talking about putting the
>> attribute value into the insertion point in [1] [2] [3], not distributing an
>> element based on an attribute value.
>
> Oh, interesting.  That appears to be a complete non-sequitur, tho, as
> no one has asked for anything like that.  It's *certainly* irrelevant
> as a response to the text you quoted.

FYI, putting attribute into the (attribute) insertion point is something XBL[1|2] support.
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/XBL/XBL_1.0_Reference/Anonymous_Content#Attribute_Forwarding
http://www-archive.mozilla.org/projects/xbl/xbl2.html#forwarding

xbl:text isn't used too often, but used  anyhow,
http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/search?string=xbl%3Atext
and xbl:inherits is rather common
http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/search?string=xbl%3Ainherits&find=&findi=&filter=^[^\0]*%24&hitlimit=&tree=mozilla-central
in Firefox' UI, which after all is mostly created using various components or bindings (doesn't matter whether the underlying language is XUL or HTML).

-Olli