Re: [clipboard] Feature detect Clipboard API support?

(Aside: I was testing the queryCommandEnabled()/onbefore* idea with this
script: https://gist.github.com/hallvors/59a90f2e3816cb57f044 )

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 7:29 AM, James M. Greene <james.m.greene@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Patrick Kettner offered up another idea for this as well on a related
> Modernizr issue [1]:
>
> Given the following
>>
>>    1. we must not change the user's clipboard
>>    2. we must use a synthetic event
>>    3. synthetic event be able to actually work (clipboard poisoning, etc)
>>
>> is there any chance that a synthetic clipboard copy/paste could throw a
>> unique err[or] that we could try/catch around and sniff for?

If we did that, authors could not use synthetic clipboard events for
anything - right? I'm assuming that authors are going to find use cases for
it - for example a "cloud clipboard" implementation may want to fire actual
paste events so that data from the "cloud" is processed like data from the
local clipboard.
 -Hallvord