Re: [clipboard] Add RTF to the "mandatory data types" list?

I assume that mandating all engines have built-in RTF parsers/converters to
translate back and forth between RTF and HTML is going too far.. Apparently
IE did / does just that, but even so it seems like RTF is generally fading
away.

Would it be a possible compromise to let a script describe data as RTF, and
then put said data on the clipboard with the OS's correct RTF data type
labelling? And vice versa, if the script asks for RTF give it any RTF
contents from the clipboard as raw (binary) data? Products and environments
that desperately need clipboard RTF support could then implement their own
parsers and converters in JS and write/read RTF - the rest of us avoid some
browser bloat.. Is this level of "support" reasonable?
-Hallvord R