Re: [Imports] Considering imperative HTML imports?

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 9:37 PM, Travis Leithead <
travis.leithead@microsoft.com> wrote:

>  Was an imperative form of HTML imports already considered? E.g., the
> following springs to mind:
>
>   Promise<Document> importDocument(DOMString url);
>

> I was thinking about Worker’s importScripts(DOMString… urls), and the
> above seems like a nice related corollary.

We did consider this, I think there's still a proposal for an imperative
document.import(url) => Promise API. The major advantage of the declarative
approach is that the browser can fetch the entire import tree and even
start tokenizing on a background thread without ever running any script.

- E