Re: CfC: publish WG Note of UI Events; deadline November 14

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 3:20 PM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com> wrote:
> Although there appears to be agreement that work on the [uievents] spec
> should stop, the various replies raise sufficient questions that I consider
> this CfC (as written) as failed.
>
> Travis, Gary - would you please make a specific proposal for these two
> specs? In particular, what is the title and shortname for each document, and
> which spec/shortname becomes the WG Note?
>
> After we have agreed on a way forward, I'll start a new CfC.
>
> (I believe the Principle of Least Surprise here means considering specs that
> currently reference [uievents] or [DOM-Level-3-Events]. F.ex., I suppose a
> document titled "UI Events" with a shortname of DOM-Level-3-Events could be
> a bit confusing to some, although strictly speaking could be done.)

My proposal would be to update UI Events with the latest editor's
draft of DOM Level 3 Events (title renamed, of course) and have the
DOM Level 3 Events URL redirect to UI Events. That would communicate
clearly what happened.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/