Re: What I am missing

TLS doesn't protect you against code that has been altered server side -
without the signers consent. It would alert the user, if unsigned
updates would be made available.

Ajax downloads still require a download link (with the bloburl) to be
displayed requiring an additional click. User clicks download .. ajax
downloads the data, creates blob url as src which the user has to click
to 'copy' the blob onto the userspace drive. Would be better to skip the
final part.

In regard to accept: I wasn't aware of the fact that I can accept a
socket on port 80 to serve a HTTP session. You're saying I could with
what's available today?

Michaela