Re: [eventsource] ACTION-742: Re sse test results, followup on the timeouts with the 2 test facilitators (Web Applications Working Group)

On 11/13/14 4:34 AM, Simon Pieters wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Nov 2014 10:14:38 +0100, Anne van Kesteren
> <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
>> On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 9:20 AM, Zhang, Zhiqiang
>> <zhiqiang.zhang@intel.com> wrote:
>>> We may need to re-evaluate the tests, however, because the latest
>>> editor draft has removed this statement in the CR:
>>>
>>> [[
>>> This constructor must be visible when the script's global object is
>>> either a Window object or an object implementing the WorkerUtils
>>> interface.
>>> ]]
>>>
>>> Thoughts, Simon & Odin?
>>
>> Redundant with [Exposed].
>>
>> Please use
>> https://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/comms.html#server-sent-events
>> when implementing.

So are you guys saying the deletion of the above requirement in the ED
means that all of the tests in [1] and [2] are no longer needed? Or just
the first two sub-tests in each of these files (http and https) isn't
applicable when the above is no longer a requirement?

Although I found the revision that deleted this requirement [3], I
couldn't find a related bug and the commit comment doesn't provide much
information about why this requirement was removed. Was this requirement
ever implemented?

-Thanks, AB

[1]
http://www.w3c-test.org/eventsource/dedicated-worker/eventsource-constructor-non-same-origin.htm