Re: [streams-api] Seeking status of the Streams API spec

On Oct 23, 2014, at 15:10 , chaals@yandex-team.ru wrote:

> - annevk@, feras.moussa@, domenic@, acolwell@, art.barstow@

>>>  published.
>>>
>>>  Can we please wait until after the TPAC week to publish the proposed
>>>  Streams heartbeat? Given the substantive changes being made here I
>>>  think it would be best to have a WebApps WG discussion as proposed by
>>>  Art [1] BEFORE publishing such a heartbeat.
>>
>> I think the draft WD captures the recent developments and discussions
>> (certainly much better than the previous WD) so I prefer to go ahead
>> with the publication and if there are any issues, bugs, etc., they
>> should be raised
>
> Seconded. Note there is no reason not to raise the topic in discussion at TPAC, with the two drafts available for comparison.
>
> Working Drafts do not reflect consensus…

well, they do and they don't

editor’s drafts do not reflect consensus of any kind

working drafts (roughly) reflect where the WG thinks it is, not all of which is done or has consensus (in terms of content), but it does have consensus that the draft reflects the WG's current ‘best thinking’

> cheers
>
> --
> Charles McCathie Nevile - web standards - CTO Office, Yandex
> chaals@yandex-team.ru - - - Find more at http://yandex.com

David Singer
Manager, Software Standards, Apple Inc.