Re: Push API and Service Workers

On 10/16/14 5:52 PM, Shijun Sun wrote:
> On Thursday, October 16, 2014 11:46 AM, Martin Thomson wrote
>> If the push message is being used to deliver a call notification, that sort of delay will definitely be noticed.  And I'm assuming that you've tested on a high end Nexus or something like that.  Add the latencies involved in waking an idle device and that turns into a very long post-dial delay.  People abandon calls for that sort of delay.
>>
>> Not saying that you are doing it wrong or anything, but just trying to set the right expectations.
> The RTC scenario is listed explicitly as one of the use cases in the Push API wiki [1].  I expect there is enough interest in the group.  Should we allocate some cycles in TPAC to figure out details of the E2E flow?

Re scheduling time at TPAC with non group members and remote
participants ...

We can accommodate remote participants via the W3C phone conference
bridge and we will use the W3C's #webapps IRC channel (see [1]). If we
want to take advantage of this opportunity, perhaps you should first
flesh out specific issue(s) to discuss, and then try to agree on a time
+ day slot in advance of the meeting. (Currently, there are quite a few
open slots on Oct 27 and 28 [2].)

-AB

[1] <https://www.w3.org/wiki/Webapps/November2014Meeting#Meeting_Logistics>
[2]