Re: [admin] Towards making ED boilerplates more useful and consistency

On 9/10/14 10:00 PM, Ryosuke Niwa wrote:
> On Sep 4, 2014, at 6:46 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 5:43 AM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Editors, All,
>>>
>>> Speaking of ED boilerplate data ... do we want to try to get some
>>> consistency regarding boilerplate data in our EDs?
>>>
>>> We have quite a bit of variation now. For example Clipboard and others are
>>> toward the more minimalist end of the spectrum:
>>>
>>> <http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/clipops/clipops.html>
>>>
>>> Whereas, the Manifest spec's boilerplate data is more thorough:
>>>
>>> <http://w3c.github.io/manifest/>
>>>
>>> I personally prefer the Manifest approach (especially a link to the spec's
>>> bugs/issues and the comment list).
>>>
>>> Should we try to get more consistency, and if so, what data should be the
>>> minimal recommended set?
>> We've found in the CSSWG that linking to issue tracking is indeed
>> helpful, when the spec uses anything more than "email and inline
>> issues”.
> Yeah, links to specs & issues are very useful.  I also find notes about the state of the current discussion very useful but I doubt many editors would have the time to keep those notes up-to-date...

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback!

Having only seen positive responses to this proposal, if applicable, I
think all Editors should add some "participation" data to their spec's
boilerplate.

Hallvord added the following "Participate" block to the Clipboard API
boilerplate and I like what he did:

[[
<http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/WD-clipboard-apis-20140918/>
Participate:

    Read past discussions
    <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/>
    Browse open bugs
    <https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?product=WebAppsWG&component=Clipboard%20API%20and%20events&resolution=--->
    File a bug
    <https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/enter_bug.cgi?product=WebAppsWG&component=Clipboard+API+and+events>
]]

If Editors would like me to file related bugs for their specs, please
let me know and I'll do so.

-Thanks, AB