Re: [clipboard] Semi-Trusted Events Alternative

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 5:30 AM, Hallvord R. M. Steen
<hsteen@mozilla.com> wrote:
>... if we get it right we've enabled some more functionality
> for web apps without too much nuisance and abuse -
> if we get it wrong, we probably have to revisit this and
> lock it down with site whitelists and such. Keeping in mind
> that Flash has had similar policies for a while ...
It seems to me that considering Flash and security is like apples and
oranges. The company responsible for Flash is not exactly known for
being a pillar in the security community. I'm not sure its useful to
claim "Flash does it, so it must be {OK|secure|best practice|...}".

If a comparison was made between Flash and utility, then that would be
a different story. Flash would probably make a good study of use
cases.