Re: publishing new WD of URL spec

It could be worse! After 15 years and a handful of vendor
implementations over the years, neither W3C nor WHATWG have simple
microphone upload in <INPUT TYPE="file"> forms. There's
http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/camera/ of course, which has been almost
there since around 2007, but still doesn't say what "capture control
type" to use for, e.g., the open source speex vocoder. At this point I
have so much Stockholm syndrome that I'm actually enjoying the show.
But I weep for what future historians of technology will have to go
through to come to terms with it all.