Re: =[xhr]

True that ES6 Modules are not quite ready yet but the existing transpilers
for it also convert to asynchronously loading AMD syntax, a la RequireJS.

Still seems a perfect fit for this use case, and Robert may not be aware
that such functionality is forthcoming to solve his issue (and obviously
hopefully is delivered long before sync XHRs become volatile).

Sincerely,
    James Greene
    Sent from my [smart?]phone