Re: Proposal for a credential management API.

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 10:19 PM, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:

> > One- or two-click sign _up_, on the other hand, will likely be more
> > difficult given the complexities of authorization (scopes, etc).
>
> I'm not sure what you count as sign-up? Today, if I visit a new
> website that I've never visited before, I can log in to that website
> in two clicks using identity providers as facebook/twitter/google. I
> don't think anything more than that is going get the support we need.

You're right. I was thinking about username/password flows for sign-up,
which can be significantly more complex than IDP's general "pick an IDP,
then grant access" flows.

I'd like to support both, for what it's worth.

-mike

--
Mike West <mkwst@google.com>
Google+: https://mkw.st/+, Twitter: @mikewest, Cell: +49 162 10 255 91

Google Germany GmbH, Dienerstrasse 12, 80331 München, Germany
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Geschäftsführer: Graham Law, Christine Elizabeth Flores
(Sorry; I'm legally required to add this exciting detail to emails. Bleh.)