Re: XMLHttpRequest: uppercasing method names

On Aug 12, 2014 9:29 AM, "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:

> In https://github.com/slightlyoff/ServiceWorker/issues/120 the
> question came up whether we should perhaps always uppercase method
> names as that is what people seem to expect. mnot seemed okay with
> adding appropriate advice on the HTTP side.
>
> The alternative is that we stick with our current subset and make that
> consistent across APIs, and treat other method names as
> case-sensitive.
>
> I somewhat prefer always uppercasing, but that would require changes
> to XMLHttpRequest.
>

> --
> http://annevankesteren.nl/

Both seem like common enough answers to this question that I think either
works.  I prefer the later just for consistency sake with xhr and the off
chance that we forgot to consider -something- with a change.  If there's no
really good reason to change it, least change is better IMO