Re: [Screen Orientation] Best Practice wording comment

On 7/28/14 3:01 AM, "Mounir Lamouri" <mounir@lamouri.fr> wrote:

>> I suggest adding a "permanent" relationship qualification and/or
>> "cross-devices" dimension in that sentence.
>
>Fixed:
>https://github.com/w3c/screen-orientation/commit/d1adfa1b1419d534c8b124331
>a70c7a322451008

Better. Thanks

>> 2. I am noting that the definition 1 and 2 of "reading current screen
>> orientation type" is going to require that IEMobile and iOS change the
>> reporting of their current screen.width and screen.height to the correct
>> orientation, and stop reporting portrait only. I suppose that's a good
>> thing
>
>Do you mean that they do not update the screen.width and screen.height
>when the screen rotates?

Correct, IEMobile and iOS browsers always report the portrait values.
Chrome mobile fixed that at version 18.

It's been documented by ppk:
http://www.quirksmode.org/mobile/tableViewport.html

Perhaps you could enforce that fix by being even more explicit such as:
"1. If the 'screen.width' is greater than the 'screen.height', return
landscape-primary or landscape-secondary."

The portrait only behavior is error prone, and need to be corrected.