Re: [editing] Use Cases (was: Leading with ContentEditable=Minimal)

Do you mean browser developers or editor developers? Wouldn't this task
force group be a good place? I've notified the Substance.io team about it.
Some others that might be interested, that I haven't seen here yet:
TinyMCE, Aloha, Wikimedia Wysywig editor, the WYSYWIG editor project of
PLOS, HalloJS, Codemirror, Booktype (another project to write books in the
browser), Firepad, ShareLatex, WriteLatex, WebODF, ICE (I have contributed
most of the Chrome code to it, but I'm not part of the core developer
team). Others?

I don't know what your procedures are for such things, but maybe send them
all an email? We may have to accept that a lot of projects are slightly
tired of contenteditable/caret-moving fixing efforts, given that so many
attempts to fix it have failed in the past. Lets make sure this doesn't
happen this time. :)

>From my experience, the issues/use cases mentioned will cover just about
all the main problems. I would personally move the DTP out of this, at
least if DTP is to understood mainly as fragmentation stuff. That is very
important, but the debates on fragmentation are there already and we should
be able to find an agreement on cursor movement even if the issues around
fragmentation cannot be resolved.

--
Johannes Wilm
Fidus Writer