Re: [request] "Download" Event for HTMLAnchorElement

* Si Robertson wrote:
>The problem that this new event would solve is this - when using a
>temporary object URL (blob) for the file data, e.g. programmatically
>generated content, there is currently no way of knowing when that file data
>has been written to disk, therefore there is no reliable way of knowing
>when it is safe to revoke the object URL in order to release resources.

That something has been written to disk does not make destryoing data
safe. It is not unsual, for instance, to expect that data can be saved
more than once, and invalidating such expectations can lead to catas-
trophic data loss. I think "release-after-first-save-action" is not a
pattern to be encouraged, at least not without secondary safeguards.