Re: [admin] Should WebApps' HTML Templates spec be published as a WG Note?

On 2/27/14 12:10 PM, ext Arthur Barstow wrote:
> On 2/27/14 11:41 AM, ext Rafael Weinstein wrote:
>> What do you recommend?
>>
>> It seems a little heavy-handed to kill it or gut it. What about
>> putting a big-red warning at the top that it has been merged to HTML
>> and no longer has normative weight.
>
> I don't have a strong preference now and would like to hear from
> others. The above do have different +/-.
>
> I think the principle of least surprise (`follow your nose`) indicates
> navigating to the ED would redirect to the HTML spec. It seems like
> the worst case scenario is for the contents of the ED to be
> inconsistent with HTML.

Rafael, All - having received no additional feedback and only voices of
support for publishing a WG Note, the main questions seem to be: 1)
whether the Note should be gutted (f.ex. see [1]) or not; 2) should the
ED be gutted too.

Although I agree gutting the Note would be a bit "heavy-handed" as you
say, it does eliminate the possibility of the contents being different
than HTMLWG's version. As such, I prefer gutting both the Note and the
ED and adding a prominent warning plus a link to HTML. For example,
borrowing from [1], adding something like to the Status of This Document
section:

[[
<strong>Work on this document has been discontinued and it should not be
referenced or used as a basis for implementation. The features
previously specified in this document are now specified in <a
href="http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/scripting-1.html#the-template-element">HTML5</a>.</strong>
]]

WDYT?

-Thanks, Art