From: Brendan Eich Brendan Eich
Reply: Brendan Eich brendan@secure.meer.net
Date: February 24, 2014 at 9:47:24 AM
To: Glenn Maynard glenn@zewt.org
Subject:  Re: [fullscreen] Problems with mouse-edge scrolling and games
Glenn Maynard wrote:
> It's not the application's job to keep the mouse cursor responsive,
> it's the system's. Hiding the system mouse cursor and drawing one
> manually is always a bad idea.

Agreed!

In the same vein, programmers cannot avoid GC pauses without relying on
pause-free or at least incremental GC (which BTW some browsers' JS
engines have already, e.g., SpiderMonkey in Firefox), or as a real
alternative, cross-compiling C or C++ for example via Emscripten, to
allocate heap memory from a typed array.

Florian, your goals are good, but the means to those ends must involve
better runtimes or compilers -- not on JS programmers working harder to
avoid GC while still somehow allocating objects frequently and even
implicitly.

/be