On starting WebWorkers with blob: URLs...

From: Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 23:51:40 +0000
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
Seems like our specs are getting a little behind implementations. In IE11 we are finding that several new sites, notably those using WebGL content, have a dependency on starting web workers with a Blob URL. As I understand it:

The W3C Web Workers spec (CR stage) forbids use of the data and [implicitly] blob protocols
The WHATWG HTML spec (Living stage) allows data protocol, but not blob.
Implementations of Firefox and Chrome support blob protocols

1. Seems like a spec should say this somewhere...
2. In the W3C where would we spec this? (Workers V2?)