Re: WebKit interest in ServiceWorkers (was Re: [manifest] Utility of bookmarking to home screen, was V1 ready for wider review)

On 2/17/14 6:47 AM, ext Jungkee Song wrote:

> On Feb 17, 2014 8:02 PM, "Maciej Stachowiak" <mjs@apple.com
> <mailto:mjs@apple.com>> wrote:
>
> I personally would like to see it become an official draft of the
> Working Group if it isn't already

Yes, me too.

> (the Publication Status page implies not, but perhaps I have missed
> something).

(The data for the "AppCache/ServiceWorkers" row wasn't accurate, pending
an update from the Editors. I just replaced that row with a single entry
for Service Workers and included a link to the ED that Jungkee provided
below.)

> If it is being actively implemented, it would be great to publish it
> as a Working Draft also, so we can get the IPR disclosures out of the way.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Maciej
> >

> Great to hear that. The standard track document is being drafted here.
> [1] It'll be nicer if WebKit folks have a chance to review the ongoing
> work [2] and join the iteration at this time.

Jungkee, Alex - what needs to be done before Service Workers is ready
for FPWD?

The only process requirement for a FPWD is that the group record
consensus to publish it. However, it's usually helpful if the FPWD is
feature complete from a breadth perspective but there is no expectation
the FPWD is complete from a depth perspective. As such, if there are
missing features, it would be good to mention that in the ED and/or file
related bugs. BTW, I noticed there is no Bugzilla component for Service
Workers so I will ask Mike Smith to create one).

-Thanks, AB