Re: "Officially" deprecating main-thread synchronous XHR?

There are certain situations where sync XHRs are, in fact, required...
unless we make other accommodations. For example, in the Clipboard API,
developers are allowed to inject into the clipboard as a semi-trusted event
during the event handling phase of certain user-initiated events (e.g.
`click`).[1]  This has not yet been implemented in any browsers yet.

However, if browser vendors choose to treat this scenario as it is treated
for Flash clipboard injection, then the semi-trusted state ends after the
default action for that event would occur.[2]

For Flash clipboard injection, this means that any required "on-demand"
XHRs must be resolved synchronously. For the DOM Clipboard API, it would be
nice to either still be able to use sync XHRs or else we would need to
specially authorize async XHRs that are started during the semi-trusted
state to have their completion handlers also still resolve/execute in a
semi-trusted state.

cc: Hallvord R. M. Steen

[1] http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/clipops/clipops.html#semi-trusted-event

[2]