Re: [webcomponents] Copying and Pasting a Web Component

Okay, one significant implication of serializing the composed tree is that cutting & pasting a component would result in "breaking" all components within cutting and pasting them in place (i.e. cmd/ctl-x + v at the same location).

This would mean that web components are pretty much unusable inside content editable regions unless the author add code to fix up and revive serialized components.

But I can't think of a way to work around this issue given we can't tell, at the time of copy/cut, whether the content will be pasted in a document with a give custom element.

The most devastating requirement here is that the pasted content can't run any script for security reasons.

- R. Niwa