Re: Custom element callbacks timing

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 3:44 PM, Dominic Cooney <dominicc@google.com> wrote:
> The first one is when the browser is about to return to script. An example
> is:
>
> <script>
> x.setAttribute('a', 'b');
> // before here
> </script>
>
> If x is a Custom Element with an attributeChangedCallback, setAttribute will
> queue an attributeChangedCallback; when returning to script x's callback
> queue will be processed. Of course there are APIs, like setting innerHTML,
> which can queue work for >>1 element.

Okay. I think I'd like it to be way more explicit that a bunch of
methods and getters will now run callbacks just before returning.
Dimitry showed that in Chrome this is done through IDL annotations. So
maybe this new callback mechanism should be described as part of IDL.
Before the value from IDL is handed to JavaScript, it would run these
callbacks. Having it defined as part of those algorithms would make me
much more comfortable than the language hack the specification has
today.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/