Re: "W3C" XHR, was Re: [admin] Draft of updated charter available for review

On 1/23/14 8:48 PM, ext Jungkee Song wrote:
> I understand your concern. Indeed, we editors should have made it
> clearer providing updates on the status and more importantly a new TR.
>
> The goal of the snapshot version of the spec is clear. It aims to
> standardize all widely implemented parts of the spec that are
> compatibly supported across major implementations in a *timely*
> manner. Hence the number one to-do is to enhance the pass ratio of the
> test suite [1] by interacting with the implementors.
>
> We'd planned to publish LC with the Level 1 spec [2] in a near-term
> after the last TPAC but the changing publication policy recommends for
> us to take more conservative approach in publishing LC.
>
> That said, it seems necessary for us to publish a WD with [2] for now
> before we'll get ready with the test results good enough for
> publishing LC.
>
> Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks for the update Jungkee!

I think your plan (to publish a WD now that will replace the 2012 WD and
to continue to work toward a LC that is broadly and compatibly
implemented) is good. Please let me know when you want me to start a CfC
for the WD.

-Thanks, Art