RE: [promises] Guidance on the usage of promises for API developers

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>

> All the terms in the "Creating Promises" are implicitly assuming operation in a particular realm [1].  Same for the ones in "Aggregating Promises" and the definition of "Transforming p with onFulfilled and onRejected".  Same thing for the "Promise Arguments Should Be Cast" guidance.
>
> They need to either explicitly specify which realm is used somehow or all consumers (that is, specs using this terminology) need to do it.

Hmm, I don't quite understand the concern. What is special about promises that makes using them require specifying the realm, whereas other web specs don't seem to need to? Or do other specs specify realms too, and I just haven't noticed?

An example underspecified scenario would be helpful, I think.