Re: [webcomponents]: Allowing text children of ShadowRoot is a bad time

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 10:59 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 2:42 PM, Elliott Sprehn <esprehn@gmail.com> wrote:
>> If dropping them is too gross we might want to just consider this a lost
>> cause and warn authors away from putting text in there due to the issues I
>> outlined in my original email.
>
> Alternately: silently drop whitespace, but still throw on significant text?

Might work. But if we do that we should probably port it to appending
to Document as well. I wonder if that has compatibility issues. It's
also somewhat icky as you replace a simple type check with something a
bit more complicated.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/