Re: WebIDL Spec Status

On 6/24/14, 1:05 PM, Glenn Adams wrote:
> Such device certification regimes cannot work unless the referenced
> specifications are locked down and clearly implementable.

I see.

So this is not about actual spec implementations or spec authors but
effectively about a QA cycle that compares the implementations to the
specs, and which needs to know which spec to compare the implementations to.

In an ideal alignment of incentives, the organizations that need this
sort of snapshot would step up to produce it, but I'm not sure how
likely that is to happen in practice...

-Boris