From: Arthur Barstow [mailto:art.barstow@gmail.com]
Sent: 03 June 2014 15:06
To: Arun Ranganathan; Julian Ladbury
Cc: Web Applications Working Group WG
Subject: Re: File API - Writer suspension

On 6/2/14 11:28 AM, Arun Ranganathan wrote:
> On Jun 1, 2014, at 1:22 PM, Julian Ladbury
> <julian.ladbury@berrick-computing.co.uk
> <mailto:julian.ladbury@berrick-computing.co.uk>> wrote:
>
>> I fail to understand why work on this API has been suspended.
>>

> Just to be clear, by "this API" I think you mean:
> http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/file-system/file-writer.html

Julian - the group agreed to stop work on the File API: Directories and
System [1] and File API: Writer [2] specs. The group also agreed to work
on:

FileSystem API
<http://w3c.github.io/filesystem-api/Overview.html>

[Hint for Arun: move this spec toward FPWD?]

-AB

[1] <http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/file-system/file-dir-sys.html>
[2] <http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/file-system/file-writer.html>