Re: Should minimal contentEditable default text input (was: contentEditable=minimal)

Without default text input, the current proposal for
contentEditable="minimal" is essentially just enabling cursors (drawing
them, dispatching events, performing default actions).  Rather than calling
the mode "minimal", which is ill-defined, why not explicitly call it what
it is: "cursor-only"?  Or, have contentEditable take a list of features to
turn enable: contentEditable="enable-cursors enable-CommandEvents".

Or, rather than tying this concept to contentEditable, with all the
assumptions and complications that brings up, why not expose this building
block as a completely separate attribute?