Re: Blob URL Origin

On 15.05.2014 22:46, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 12:07 PM, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc
> <mailto:jonas@sicking.cc>> wrote:
>
>     On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 6:52 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl
>     <mailto:annevk@annevk.nl>> wrote:
>     > I was thinking about the latter and that would not work if the URL was
>     > revoked. Unless we store origin at parse time.
>
>     Good point. Without using the explicit syntax we couldn't return a
>     consistent result for the origin.

I'm not against the explicit model, but I think it would be very
desirable if there was a way to get the origin out of the blob URL with
some sort of API.
It's not unlikely that developers will implement their own (flawed) URL
parsing to determine the origin of a blob URL, if it's explicitly in the
blob URL.