Starting work on Indexed DB v2 spec - feedback wanted

From: Joshua Bell <jsbell@google.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 11:49:26 -0700
To: "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>, Ali Alabbas <alia@microsoft.com>
At the April 2014 WebApps WG F2F [1] there was general agreement that
moving forward with an Indexed Database "v2" spec was a good idea. Ali
Alabbas (Microsoft) has volunteered to co-edit the spec with me.
Maintaining compatibility is the highest priority; this will not break the
existing API.

We've been tracking additional features for quite some time now, both on
the wiki [2] and bug tracker [3]. Several are very straightforward
(continuePrimaryKey, batch gets, binary keys, ...) and have already been
implemented in some user agents, and it will be helpful to document these.
Others proposals (URLs, Promises, full text search, ...) are much more
complex and will require additional implementation feedback; we plan to add
features to the v2 spec based on implementer acceptance.

This is an informal call for feedback to implementers on what is missing
from v1:

* What features and functionality do you see as important to include?
* How would you prioritize the features?

If there's anything you think is missing from the wiki [2], or want to
comment on the importance of a particular feature, please call it out -
replying here is great. This will help implementers decide what work to
prioritize, which will drive the spec work. We'd also like to keep the v2
cycle shorter than the v1 cycle was, so timely feedback is appreciated -
there's always room for a "v3".

[1] http://www.w3.org/2014/04/10-webapps-minutes.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/IndexedDatabaseFeatures
[3]
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?bug_status=RESOLVED&component=Indexed%20Database%20API&list_id=34841&product=WebAppsWG&query_format=advanced&resolution=LATER

PS: Big thanks to Zhiqiang Zhang for his Indexed DB implementation report,
also presented at the F2F.